The North Tahoe Public Utility District provides our customers with a variety of billing and payment options to allow you to pick the one that serves you best. Click on the links below to learn more about each!
- The District encourages all our customers to sign up for eBills. Any inserts or other notifications sent with our paper utility bills will be sent electronically.
- 24/7 online access to your bill and your account
- No more checks to write, envelopes to address or stamps to buy
- Pay at your convenience, any time day or night using a credit/debit card or checking account.
- Payments made by 5 PM on the last day of the month will be reflected on the next bill.
- Payments are credited to accounts daily.
- There is no charge to pay online.
- Online Autopay – Set up via the NTPUD online bill pay system
- Set up online with debit/credit card or checking account.
- There is no charge to use this service.
- Payment comes out on the 15th or the next business day if a weekend/holiday
- Customers can turn on/off as they wish
- If you have chosen Autopay, that will be indicated on your paper or electronic bill.
- Available to everyone, but a great option for “sewer only” customers who have small monthly charges ($20 or less month) and don’t want to pay these small amounts each month.
- Sewer only customers don’t get a paper bill until they owe again
- Water/sewer customers that choose this option continue to get a bill (electronic or paper) so they can track water usage and any water overages.
- Prepayment can be done through the NTPUD online billing system with a debit/credit card or by mail/in person with a check, cash or credit card.
Customers may always pay their bills by mail or in person with a check, cash or debit/credit card.''
A cluster water meter is a meter that serves more than one residential living unit. Cluster meters are most commonly found on condominiums; however, they may also serve other properties such as timeshare units.
The District’s policy with these services is to allow use for each cluster meter at the daily allowable rate (200 gallons per day) times the number of units being served by that meter, e.g., six (6) units is 1,200 metered gallons per day. At this combined daily allowable rate, it is unusual for the units to incur additional metered water charges. If they do incur additional charges, it is usually indicative of a plumbing problem in one or more of the units.
The District’s Ordinances establishing billing procedures for cluster meters require that all units connected to the shared cluster meter be charged equally for water use above the total daily allowable rate for all units. With the use of a cluster meter, the District cannot isolate additional water usage to an individual unit.
If an overage in use occurs and the property’s maintenance department can attribute the use to a specific unit, the District will apply the water use charges to that unit. However, if the District is unable to determine which unit caused the overage in use, charges for the water use will be equally apportioned and charged to each unit.
The presence or use of individual shut off valves on a unit or units served by a cluster meter cannot be used to alter the equal apportionment of water use between all units served by that meter.
Allowed Monthly Gallons
Single family residential customers are allowed 200 gallons a day as part of their base rate. The base allowance for the current month is the number of days in between the Previous Reading Date and Current Reading Date multiplied by 200.
The tier breakdown below is for ¾” and 5/8” Single Family Residential Meters
Tier 1: Allowed Monthly Gallons – 40,500 gallons, $3.06 per 1000 gallons.
Tier 2: 40,501 gallons and up, $5.24 per 1000 gallons
How to determine the gallons in each Excessive Use Tier
Figure out how many days are in the current Meter Reading Period (available by calculating the days between the two reading dates) and multiply that number by 200 and then subtract from the Consumption in your Meter Reading. Any amount up to 40,500 gallons is in Tier 1 and over that is Tier 2.