Frequently Asked Questions

Billing FAQs

Welcome to North Lake Tahoe,

We are glad to have part of our community and hope you find this information helpful as you settle into your new home.

As a new customer of the North Tahoe Public Utility District (NTPUD) you will need to fill out an Application for Service to make sure we have the correct contact information on your utility account.

You can also view our current Recreation & Parks website and Activity Guide for information on our recreation programs, special events, and community enrichment activities happening throughout the District every week.

Please reach out to our office at (530) 546-4212 or [email protected] if you have any additional questions.

We’re here to help!

Additional Customer Resources 

Parks FAQs

What are current conditions in the North Tahoe Regional Park? i.e. trails, courts, etc
Follow us on Facebook for most current information.

Visit our winter specific page for the North Tahoe Regional Park for more information on grooming, activities and more.

What are launch fees?
Please visit the boat launch page on the website. Please note that these do not include the inspection fees charged for inspection for Quagga and Zebra Mussels through the Tahoe Boat Inspection Program. Please see their website for more information. Your boat must be inspected prior to launch.

Are dogs allowed on the beaches?
The District has a policy of no dogs on the beaches for water quality and health reasons. To report a dog on the beach or other animal issues, please call Placer County Animal Control at 530-546-1990.

Operations FAQs

What is the cost to have my water shut off for the season or due to a leak?
During normal Business Hours, it is $60, after Business Hours, it is $120.

What is the cost to have my water turned on for the season?
During normal Business Hours, there is no charge, $120 after hours.

If you are having your water shut off to install a customer side shut off valve there is no charge.

How do I get charged for a water shut off?
On the monthly bill.

Does the District provide water or well sampling?
The District does not provide testing as a service. The District does use Cranmer Analytical Laboratory for most of its water quality sampling. They have a courier service that comes to the north shore of Lake Tahoe every Tuesday and therefore we could be a facilitator for pick up of any of your water samples. Cranmer Analytical Laboratory is located in Grass Valley and their phone # is (530) 273-7284 or you can email their contact person: Michele Harlin at [email protected] for services they can provide and suggestions for what to sample.