Join Our Team in North Lake Tahoe
Serve North Lake Tahoe by providing exceptional water, wastewater, and recreational resources.
North Lake Tahoe is a vibrant and healthy community where we optimize our resources for the greater good and protect our environment for generations to come.
Click on Title for Job Posting
Seasonal Recreation Specialist
Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I/II
Utility Operations Department
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions listed above, submit a District Job Application (online or PDF) and other required documents requested in the job posting. You can send your information by any of these ways:
- Online: Click “Apply Online” and complete the online District application. PLEASE NOTE: ALL REQUIRED FIELDS ON THE ONLINE FORM MUST BE COMPLETED. CLICK SUBMIT FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE COMPLETE. Email other required documents to [email protected];
- Or Email: Send PDF application and other required documents to [email protected]. Use “NTPUD job applicant” in the subject line or there is a risk that the e-mail will be filtered out by our SPAM filter. NTPUD Human Resources will confirm if your application package was received;
- Or Mail your District application package to NTPUD, P.O. Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148;
- Or Fax your completed job application package to (530) 546-1540.
The North Tahoe Public Utility District maintains a drug-free workplace. The NTPUD is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression.
For additional information on job openings with the NTPUD or questions about open positions please contact Human Resources at (530) 553-5413 or [email protected].
Employee Benefits and Privileges
NTPUD Full-time Employee Benefits
Participation in the CalPERS pension program, paid health premiums for employee and dependents and $3,500 health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) for eligible medical expenses, paid life and long-term disability insurance.
Annually: 12 days of paid holiday leave, 12 days of paid sick leave, two-weeks’ of annual vacation leave (increases with years of service).
Summary of Benefits – MOU Employees
Summary of Benefits – COU Employees
NTPUD Employee Recreation & Parks Facility and Program Privileges
This program is for full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees, Board of Directors, and Recreation & Park Commissioners and dependents who are identified as age 25 or younger and covered by the employee’s, Director’s, or Commissioner’s medical insurance programs.
- Free picnic area reservations at the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area and the North Tahoe Regional Park
- One free boat launch pass (boat/vessel must be registered in employees’ name)
- Free use of NTPUD Kayak & SUP Storage racks at Tahoe Vista Recreation Area (based on availability)
- Free admission to NTPUD led Recreation Dept. programs and events (i.e. – Saturday pickleball)
- 20% off admission to NTPUD Contractor led Recreation Dept. classes and programs (i.e. – Muscle & Flow classes presented by Tahoe Flow Arts & Fitness, or Chickee Art Collective art classes)
- Up to 50% off rental fees at the North Tahoe Event Center – (pending availability during non-peak dates)
- One free parking pass for all NTPUD Recreation & Parks Facility parking lots. Parking passes may be picked up in person at the HR Office at the District’s Main Office Facility in Tahoe Vista.
North Tahoe Public Utility District is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws