Work for the North Tahoe Public Utility District
At the North Tahoe Public Utility District (NTPUD) our mission is - "To be effective environmental stewards through the provision of efficient, safe and accountable water and sewer service; and to provide, promote and support local and regional recreation and event facilities and activities for residents and visitors that enhance the well-being of our community.
NTPUD facilities include the North Tahoe Regional Park, a 108-acre park surrounded by National Forest, including three ballfields, a synthetic surfaced multi-use field, tennis and pickleball courts, disc golf course, Dog Park, the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area and boat launch, public parking lot across the street, and the North Tahoe Event Center with approximately 10,000 square feet of meeting and special event space for weddings, meetings, and community events.
Applicants interested in applying to becoming part of the NTPUD Team must fill out an application using the buttons below. If you will be sending your application via e-mail, please email our HR department and please use "NTPUD job applicant" in the subject line or there is a risk that the e-mail will be filtered out by our SPAM filter. Please feel free to contact NTPUD Human Resources at (530) 546-4212 to confirm if your application was received.
Click on the position listed to read more and access the job description.
Current Job Opportunities: 1) Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I/II
Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I/II
6-Step Level I Wage Range: $55,868.80 - $71,260.80
6-Step Level II Wage Range: $64,209.60 - $81,910.40
Certification Pay up to an Additional 10%
Excellent Benefit Package
Under immediate supervision (Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I) to general supervision (Utility Operations Maintenance Worker II) performs a variety of semi-skilled and/or skilled tasks in maintenance, operation, repair, replacement, construction, and system(s) improvements work on District wastewater and potable water systems; cuts, fits, lays, repairs, taps, cleans and flushes water and sewer mains and services; and maintains records, files, reports, and prepare work orders relating to inspections and maintenance work.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the operations and services of a potable water distribution and wastewater collection agency, knowledge of the principles and practices of system inspection, preventive maintenance, and methods and techniques to troubleshoot and diagnose system issues. Ability to operate a variety of vehicles, equipment, power, and hand tools including motorized, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
• Maintains, inspects, repairs, and operates distribution and collection systems.
• Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance of projects as part of a crew or as an individual; including pavement cutting, ditch digging, trenching, repairing, installing pipe, water and sewer taps and back filling.
• Required to drive and operate trucks and equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling, and unloading of equipment and construction materials.
• Required to drive and operate a hydro-flushing / excavating truck including hydro-cleaning and CCTV sewer mains and services.
• Expected to work standby duty on a rotational basis after completing twelve-month probationary and training period.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
Experience, Licenses, and Certifications:
• Level I: One (1) year of experience in construction, repair, and operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems is desirable. Level II: Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in construction, repair, and operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems, or two (2) years as a District Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I with demonstrated ability and knowledge.
• Required to have possession of, or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months from date of hire, a valid Class B, or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Manual Transmission and Tanker endorsement with a driving record acceptable to the District and the District’s insurance carrier. Level II must be in possession of a valid Class B driver’s license.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain within (18) eighteen months from date of hire, a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 (D1) certification. Level II: must be in possession of a valid D1.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity see job description here. To apply please submit a District application, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources, PO Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sandra at 530-553-5413 for more information. This position is open until filled.
Seasonal and Part Time Job Opportunities:
Part Time Building Custodian
$20-$25 per hour DOQ.
Part time approximately two (2) hours daily, six (6) days per week. Work to be performed outside of general operating hours which are Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Under the supervision of the Parks, Recreation, and Facilities Manager, the Custodian will clean and maintain the staff facility located at 875 National Avenue, Tahoe Vista.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Perform general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout assigned facility.
• Clean restrooms according to specified health and safety standards; scrub sinks, toilets, floors and walls; clean mirrors.
• Clean kitchen and multi-purpose room areas according to specified health and safety standards.
• Wipe and dust surfaces in multipurpose room and front counter areas.
• Vacuum office, hallway, stairs, and common area floors, and rugs.
• Clean tile, kitchen, and restroom floors.
• Pick up and empty all trash containers.
• Replenish bathroom supplies as needed such as toilet tissue, paper toweling and soap.
• Use cleaning cart to transport cleaning supplies.
• Notify maintenance if you notice something is not working properly.
• Maintain cleaning supply inventory.
• Perform other related duties as related.
To apply please submit a District application, resume, and cover letter to North Tahoe PUD, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148 or Email email@example.com or call Sandra at 530-553-5413 for more information. This position is open until filled.
To apply for any of the positions listed above you must submit a DISTRICT JOB APPLICATION. This can be done by either clicking on the "Apply Online" button above and complete the online form, or downloading and emailing the PDF application to "firstname.lastname@example.org", or downloading and printing out the application and mailing it to the NTPUD, P.O. Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148. Attachments may be sent separately to "email@example.com". You may also fax your completed job application to (530) 546-1540.
The North Tahoe Public Utility District maintains a drug-free workplace. The NTPUD is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression.
For additional information on job openings with the NTPUD or questions about open positions please contact our Human Resources Office at -
- NTPUD Human Resources
- (530) 553-5413
The NTPUD offers benefits to full and part-time employees, including participation in the CalPERS pension program, paid health coverage for you and your dependants, 12 days of paid holiday leave, 12 days of paid sick leave, two-weeks of annual vacation leave (increases with years of service), paid life and long-term disability insurance, and health reimbursement arrangements (HRA).