All applicants for employment with the North Tahoe Public Utility District must fill out an application. If you will be sending your application via e-mail, please click here to email and put "NTPUD job applicant" on the subject line or risk that the e-mail will be filtered out by our SPAM filter. Please feel free to contact HR at 530-546-4212 to confirm if your application was received. The North Tahoe Public Utility District is a drug-free workplace.
Click on the position listed to read more and access the job description.
Current Full-Time, Year-Round Positions Open:
Maintenance Technician I/II
Level I: $60,836-$73,947, Level II: $69,963-$85,040.
Plus Certification Pay up to 10% and Earnable Performance Pay after Step 5 up to 3%
Excellent Benefit Package
The Maintenance Technician I/II performs duties in installation, operation, modification, maintenance, and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and machinery used in the operation of water production and distribution and sewer systems; tests, troubleshoots, locates and calibrates, operates, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on electrical and electronic systems, components and devices.
The successful candidate will have the ability to perform the ongoing tasks needed for routine maintenance, repair and operation of the mechanical and electrical equipment and machinery used in the District’s water treatment plant and potable water systems, have demonstrated the ability to work independently, exercising judgement and initiative, knowledge of the tools used to carry out the duties of the position, and the ability to advance to the Level II position.
The ideal candidate has any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities. A typical combination includes:
• Level I & II: completion of the twelfth grade and two years of experience, four years for Level II, in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, and equipment and devices common to water production and distribution, and sewer collection systems.
The following certifications are required:
• Level I: Possession of, or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months from date of hire, a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 (D1) certification.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months from date of hire, a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade 1 (T1) certification.
• Level II: Possession of a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 (D1) certification.
• Possession of a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade 1 (T1) certification.
For both Level I and II: Possession of a valid driver’s license along with a driving record acceptable to the District and the District’s insurance carrier.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity click on job description here. To apply please submit a District application, resume and cover letter to Human Resources, by mail to PO Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148 or call Sandra at 530-553-5413. First Review of Applications will be Monday, December 9, 2019. Other than a special circumstance, plan on interviews being scheduled on December 16th and 17th. This position is open until filled.
North Tahoe Public Utility District facilities include the North Tahoe Regional Park, a 108-acre park surrounded by National Forest, including three ballfields, a synthetic surfaced multi-use field, tennis and pickleball courts, disc golf course, Dog Park, the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area, located on the north shore of Lake Tahoe, boat launch, public parking across the street, and the North Tahoe Event Center with approximately 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS YOU MUST SUBMIT A DISTRICT APPLICATION - EITHER CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE TO APPLY ONLINE, OR MAIL TO NTPUD, PO BOX 139, TAHOE VISTA, CA 96148, OR FAX TO 530-546-1540 OR CLICK HERE TO EMAIL. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL SANDRA AT 530-553-5413.
Benefit Package includes participation in CalPERS pension, paid health coverage for you and your dependents, 12 days paid holiday, 12 days paid sick leave, two weeks vacation (increases with years of service), paid life and long term disability insurance, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).