Level I: 6-Step Annual Wage Range: $58,406.40 – $74,484.80
Level II: 6-Step Annual Wage Range: $67,121.60 – $85,612.80
Additional Certification Pay up to 10%
The Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I/II is a full-time, year-round position that performs a variety of semi-skilled and/or skilled tasks in maintenance, operation, repair, replacement, construction, and system(s) improvements work on District wastewater and potable water systems; cuts, fits, lays, repairs, taps, cleans and flushes water and sewer mains and services; and maintains records, files, reports, and prepare work orders relating to inspections and maintenance work.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the operations and services of a potable water distribution and wastewater collection agency, knowledge of the principles and practices of system inspection, preventive maintenance, and methods and techniques to troubleshoot and diagnose system issues. Ability to operate a variety of vehicles, equipment, power, and hand tools including motorized, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
• Maintains, inspects, repairs, and operates distribution and collection systems.
• Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance of projects as part of a crew or as an individual; including pavement cutting, ditch digging, trenching, repairing, installing pipe, water and sewer taps and back filling.
• Required to drive and operate trucks and equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling, and unloading of equipment and construction materials.
• Required to drive and operate a hydro-flushing / excavating truck including hydro-cleaning and CCTV sewer mains and services.
• Expected to work standby duty on a rotational basis after completing twelve-month probationary and training period.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
Experience, Licenses, and Certifications:
• Level I: One (1) year of experience in construction, repair, and operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems is desirable. Level II: Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in construction, repair, and operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems, or two (2) years as a District Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I with demonstrated ability and knowledge.
• Required to have possession of, or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months from date of hire, a valid Class B, or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Manual Transmission and Tanker endorsement with a driving record acceptable to the District and the District’s insurance carrier. Level II must be in possession of a valid Class B driver’s license.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain within (18) eighteen months from date of hire, a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 (D1) certification. Level II: must be in possession of a valid D1
Please see the full job description, which includes examples of essential job functions, minimum qualifications (including licenses and certifications) and other information relative to the position.
Full-time, year-round with excellent benefit package that includes CalPERS pension program, District-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependents, $3,500 annual contribution to HRA, 12 paid holidays, paid time-off (sick, personal, vacation), long-term disability and group life insurance. The District will also support the employee’s certification process. Summary of Benefits – MOU employees is here.
This position is a part of the IUOE Stationary Engineers, Local 39 Union. Please see the 2022-2027 MOU here.
Application packets will be reviewed on a weekly basis. This position is open until filled.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a District application Online or via PDF, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources, P.O. Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148 or submit to [email protected]. Please call Kim at 530-553-5413 if you have any questions.
North Tahoe Public Utility District is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.