The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) directs utility line replacements and specific projects to address current and projected needs of the community’s water and sewer system. Following is a list of Current Projects underway and projects recently completed. Recent bid results are available here.
Current Water/Sewer Projects - July 19, 2018
Total Project Budget value is all inclusive costs applicable to the project (those capitalized): design, fees, construction, management, inspection, contingencies, etc. Figure shown includes all moneys previously spent and those currently budgeted for. Figure does not include money earmarked in out years as shown in 5 year CIP focus.
Engineer’s Estimate for Construction does not include contingency.
Carnelian Sewer Pump Station Rehabilitation (29-1615): Full rehabilitation of the Carnelian Main Sewer Pump Station
Status: Final site clean-up continues. Anticipate Notice of Completion next month.
· Percent Complete: 100% (Design), 98% (Construction)
- Total Project Budget (Design, Construction, CM/CI): $3,013,590
· Awarded Bid Amount: $2,702,700
· Progress Payments to Date: $2,574,315
· Approved Contract Change Orders: $47,105.37
· Operational Date: November 29, 2017
Loch Levon & Steelhead Waterlines: Loch Levon: from Deer to Chipmunk. Steelhead: from Deer to East dead end. Continuation of District’s Kings Beach water main replacements installing large diameter mains in County R/W to abandon the existing small diameter backyard mains. Project Statistics:
5,491’ of 8” Watermain
8 Fire hydrants
9 Connections to existing 6” mains
Asphalt Slurry both streets, full width
Installed: 1,400 LF Main, 12 Services, 2 Fire Hydrants, 5 Valve Clusters.
· Percent Complete: 100% (Design), 21% (Construction)
· Total Project Budget (Design, Construction, CM/CI, etc.): $2,200,000
· Awarded Bid Amount: $1,920,029.10
· Progress Payments to Date: $390,576.19
· Approved Contract Change Orders: $65,203.73
· Expected Completion Date: September 15, 2018
Completed Water/Sewer Projects
- Kingswood Water Main Replacement Project
- Secline Pump Station Rehabilitation
- C-1 Wet Well and Dry Well Modifications
- Carnelian Bay Water West Main Replacement
- Zone 2 Water Tank Project
- Tahoe Marina Estates Water Line Replacement Project (In conjunction with Placer County Erosion Control Project)
- Cutthroat Water Main Replacement
- Kingswood Booster Pump Station Stairs
- Dollar Cove Water Treatment Study
- Lincoln Green Water Line Replacement
- Kingswood West Tank Security Fence
- Beaver Street Water and Sewer Line Replacement Project (In conjunction with Placer County Erosion Control Project)