The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) directs utility line replacements and specific projects to address current and projected needs of the community’s water and sewer system. Following is a list of Current Projects underway and projects recently completed. Recent bid results are available here.
Current Water/Sewer Projects - April 25, 2018
Total Project Budget value is all inclusive costs applicable to the project (those capitalized): design, fees, construction, management, inspection, contingencies, etc. Figure shown includes all moneys previously spent and those currently budgeted for. Figure does not include money earmarked in out years as shown in 5 year CIP focus.
Engineer’s Estimate for Construction does not include contingency.
Carnelian Sewer Pump Station Rehabilitation (29-1615): Full rehabilitation of the Carnelian Main Sewer Pump Station
Status: Final yard paving, restoration of paving on Onyx, fence repair and punchlist items have been held over until spring. Tentative completion date of May 15, 2018.
· Percent Complete: 100% (Design), 93% (Construction)
- Total Project Budget (Design, Construction, CM/CI): $3,013,590
· Awarded Bid Amount: $2,702,700
· Progress Payments to Date: $2,424,298
· Approved Contract Change Orders: $37,649.75
· Operational Date: November 29, 2017
Loch Levon & Steelhead Waterlines: Loch Levon: from Deer to Chipmunk. Steelhead: from Deer to East dead end. Continuation of District’s Kings Beach water main replacements installing large diameter mains in County R/W to abandon the existing small diameter backyard mains.
Status: Bid opened 3/27/2018. See Report G-3. Project statistics:
5,491’ of 8” Watermain
8 Fire hydrants
9 Connections to existing 6” mains
Asphalt Slurry both streets, full width
· Percent Complete: 100% (Design), 0% (Construction)
· Total Project Budget (Design, Construction, CM/CI, etc.): $2,100,000
· Awarded Bid Amount (anticipated per G-3): $1,920,029
· Progress Payments to Date: $0
· Approved Contract Change Orders: $0
· Expected Completion Date: September 15, 2018
Design / Bid Preparation Phase
National Ave. Water Treatment Plant SCADA Improvements – Phase 3: The 3rd, and final, phase of SCADA upgrades and added improvements.
Status: Staff has prepared a list of project improvements which include: Documentation, Hardware & Electrical, and Programing. The majority of these items don’t directly tie together, may be completed independent of the other, and are more “residual clean up” or “maintenance” items.
· Percent Complete: 10% (Design), 0% (Construction)
· Total Project Budget (Design, Construction, CM/CI): $175,000
· Engineer’s Estimate for Construction: TBD (Design/Concept Phase)
· Expected Bid Date: TBD
· Expected Completion Date: TBD
Park Gazebo : Rebuild of shade structure at tennis courts/ dog park which collapsed during Winter of 2016-2017.
Status: Site Plans prepared (in house). Structural design is under way by Gazebo manufacturer. Expect to bid and construct during summer of 2018.
· Percent Complete: 33% (Design), 0% (Construction)
· Total Project Budget (Design, Construction, CM/CI): $34,515
· Engineer’s Estimate for Construction: $34,515
· Expected Bid Date: June 5, 2018
· Expected Completion Date: October 15, 2018
Completed Water/Sewer Projects
- Kingswood Water Main Replacement Project
- Secline Pump Station Rehabilitation
- C-1 Wet Well and Dry Well Modifications
- Carnelian Bay Water West Main Replacement
- Zone 2 Water Tank Project
- Tahoe Marina Estates Water Line Replacement Project (In conjunction with Placer County Erosion Control Project)
- Cutthroat Water Main Replacement
- Kingswood Booster Pump Station Stairs
- Dollar Cove Water Treatment Study
- Lincoln Green Water Line Replacement
- Kingswood West Tank Security Fence
- Beaver Street Water and Sewer Line Replacement Project (In conjunction with Placer County Erosion Control Project)