Billing FAQs

  1. Why do I pay both the North Tahoe Public Utility District and Tahoe Truckee Sanitation Agency?

    The District collects and transports sewage out of the Tahoe Basin. The Tahoe Truckee Sanitation Agency is the Regional Sewage Treatment plant for the area and treats Sewage from the North Tahoe Public Utility District, Tahoe City Public Utility District, Squaw Valley Public Service District, Alpine Springs County Water District, Truckee Sanitary District and Northstar Community Services District. Click here to read more.

  2. Does the District offer Auto Pay?

    Yes. We can deduct funds from your checking account with a completed application and a voided check. Funds are drawn mid-month for balance due.

  3. Can I receive my bill electronically?

    Yes! This option is available to all customers whether you pay your bill on line, via our automatic payment option or by cash or check. Click on the Pay Your Bill link to the right and log into your account. Go to “My Profile” and there is an option to sign up for electronic billing.

  4. Does the District offer paperless statements?

    Yes. When you sign up at our online bill payment center you will have the option of paperless statements.

  5. I only use my house seasonally; do I still have to pay year round?

    Yes, the District does not allow for disconnection without paying to reconnect. Your monthly service fees support the ongoing maintenance and operation of the water and sewer system.

    Water has to be ready to supply on-demand for drinking water and fire flow capabilities 24/7/365 and it costs the District the same amount to maintain the system and produce the water for the availability for all customers year-round.

    The Public Utilities Code allows sewer districts in the Tahoe Basin to charge a stand-by charge for sewer collection” because of the unique and special water management, pollution and sewage disposal problems in the LT Basin."

Parks FAQs

  1. What are current conditions in the North Tahoe Regional Park? i.e. trails, courts, etc

    Follow us on Facebook for most current information.

    Visit our winter specific page for the North Tahoe Regional Park for more information on grooming, activities and more.

  2. What are launch fees?

    Please visit the boat launch page on the www.northtahoeparks.com website. Please note that these do not include the inspection fees charged for inspection for Quagga and Zebra Mussels through the Tahoe Boat Inspection Program. Please see their website for more information. Your boat must be inspected prior to launch.

  3. Are dogs allowed on the beaches?

    The District has a policy of no dogs on the beaches for water quality and health reasons. To report a dog on the beach or other animal issues, please call Placer County Animal Control at 530-546-1990.

Operations FAQs

  1. What is the cost to have my water shut off for the season or due to a leak?

    During normal Business Hours, it is $60, after Business Hours, it is $120.

  2. What is the cost to have my water turned on for the season?

    During normal Business Hours, there is no charge, $120 after hours.

    If you are having your water shut off to install a customer side shut off valve there is no charge.

  3. Does the District provide water or well sampling?

    The District does not provide testing as a service. The District does use Cranmer Analytical Laboratory for most of its water quality sampling. They have a courier service that comes to the north shore of Lake Tahoe every Tuesday and therefore we could be a facilitator for pick up of any of your water samples. Cranmer Analytical Laboratory is located in Grass Valley and their phone # is (530) 273-7284 or you can email their contact person: Michele Harlin at mharlin@cranmerengineeringinc.com for services they can provide and suggestions for what to sample.