Mission, Vision and Core Values
Revised June 13, 2017
The mission of the North Tahoe Public Utility District is to be effective environmental stewards through the provision of efficient, safe and accountable water and sewer service; and to provide, promote and support local and regional recreation and event facilities and activities for residents and visitors that enhance the well-being of our community.
The vision for the North Tahoe Public Utility District is that we will provide the highest quality water and sewer systems, efficiently and economically managing for future demands, and that we will provide outstanding recreational facilities and services that are responsive to our community, while fostering positive long-term relationships with employees, customers, suppliers and partner agencies.
Leadership Core Values:
- Public and environmental safety - at the highest level
- Open Communications - be open to all points of view
- Customer Service Excellence - provide exemplary customer service, and meet or exceed our customers' expectations
- Transparency and Honesty - be fair, straightforward and factual
- Public Trust - be committed to earning this every day
- Protecting the Environment - be good stewards of what we have been given
- Innovation and Creative Solutions - contribute and be receptive to new ideas
- Cooperation - efficiencies come from collaboration and teamwork
- Accountability - be responsible, deliberate, accurate and clear
- Fiscal Stewardship - exercise careful watch over public funds
2018-2022 Strategic Plan
The District's Strategic Plan is reviewed annually as part of the budget process to be sure that the District continues to move forward as outlined by the Strategic Plan.
1) Provide quality recreation and event facilities and activities.
2) Maintain highest level of safe, sustainable sewer and water service.
3) Provide exceptional District Governance.
4) Empower trained professional staff.
5) Ensure financial sustainability.
6) Maintain operational excellence
7) Parking lot items for future discussion