North Tahoe Event Center Draft Final Lease and Public Private Partnership Information
DATE: August, 18, 2017
TO: All Interested Individuals
FROM: Duane Whitelaw, General Manager/CEO
SUBJECT: DRAFT FINAL LEASE UNDER CONSIDERATION BY THE NORTH TAHOE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS WITH LAULIMA KINGS BEACH EVENT CENTER, LLC., FOR THE OPERATION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE NORTH TAHOE EVENT CENTER
At the direction of the Board of Directors of the North Tahoe Public Utility District (NTPUD), two facilitated public workshops and a regular meeting of the NTPUD Board of Directors have been scheduled to review the draft final lease agreement between Laulima Kings Beach Event Center, LLC and the North Tahoe Public Utility District for the management and operation of the North Tahoe Event Center and receive comments, questions and other public input.
The key dates and times for the upcoming facilitated workshops include:
· Wednesday August 23, 2017 – Facilitated Public Workshop, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Thursday, September 7, 2017 – Facilitated Public Workshop, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, September 12, 2017 – Continued discussion and possible vote at the NTPUD Regular Meeting, 5:00 p.m.
Note: All events will be held at the North Tahoe Event Center, 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA.
1. Draft Final Lease (Note: Exhibits will be added the week of August 21, 2017)
5. 2017 Frequently Asked Questions (Note: 2017 FAQ's will be updated to reference the lease the week of August 21, 2017) – FAQs (Note: These FAQs are the most recent which include a District staff response and (now) a reference to the section(s) in the Draft Final Lease where additional information is available. The District staff will make every effort to respond to additional questions within 24 hours (workdays) and include both questions and answers within this document. As such, please check to see if your question or comment has already been responded to. Previous information from the inception of this proposal will remain available.
Should you not be able to attend any of the public meetings, your comments can be submitted by clicking on the “COMMENT NOW” button in the right column on this page. For questions or input regarding the above, please contact Marianne Potts, Administrative Services Liaison, at the District Administrative Offices (530) 546-4212.