Parks and Facilities
In 1968 the North Tahoe Public Utility District Board of Directors created the Parks Department to oversee the development of the former sewer ponds into the North Tahoe Regional Park. Over the years, many facilities have been developed in the Park either by volunteers, District employees or State or Local grants. Since then, the District has also acquired and begun redevelopment of the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area, a public beach and boat launch facility, at the intersection of Highway 28 and National Avenue in Tahoe Vista. In addition to maintaining Parks and Facilities owned by the District, the North Tahoe Public Utility District also manages and maintains the public beaches in our District that are owned by Placer County.
Community Facilities District (CFD) 94-1 is a Mello Roos assessment passed in 1992 by the residents of the North Tahoe Public Utility District to support the North Tahoe Regional Park and other recreational opportunities provided by the District. Since the Mello Roos was passed, more recreational amenities have been added to the Park, as well as the construction of Tahoe Vista Recreation Area.
Funds collected from this tax measure also provide an annual subsidy to local youth organizations that operate recreational programs for the youth in the community. These subsidies come in the form of cash donations as well as in kind donations such as free field usage (including the lining and required prep time) and field maintenance.
In 2016, CFD 94-1 provides approximately $575,000 for the upkeep, operation and maintenance of District facilities as well as to subsidize these youth programs. These are the only funds the District has to maintain and operate these facilities other than use and parking fees collected or rent paid by concessionaires. No property tax money or other funding sources go toward the operation of these facilities.
CFD 94-1 State Reporting
North Tahoe Event Center
The North Tahoe Event Center is owned and operated by the North Tahoe Public Utility District. This lakefront facility in the heart of Kings Beach offers wedding, meeting, conference, and event space for up to 400 guests. In addition, the Event Center also hosts many local events and fundraisers.
The North Tahoe Event Center is also the home of recreation classes within our District including:
- Jazzercise is a high intensity, calorie burning, fun fitness program for all ages. It combines cardio, strength training and stretching for a total body workout set to today's hottest music.
- Monday - Saturday - 8:45 - 10:00 AM
- Tuesday & Thursday - 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Kings Beach Yoga Kula
- Classes are taught by Shari Beard who has been gratefully teaching yoga at the North Tahoe Event Center for the past 10 years. Shari has a strong foundation in alignment based Hatha yoga. She loves to share how the practice of asana and meditation supports us in living from the heart. She is passionate about building community (Kula) and do not be surprised if you end up at a potluck on the beach or going out to eat after class with the group. For more info go to sharibeardyoga.com or call (530)318-4065. Also like us on Facebook Kings Beach Yoga Kula and Shari Beard Yoga.
- Tuesday - 5:45 - 7:15 PM
- Thursday - 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
These classes are available for drop in. We are always looking for experts to teach classes at the North Tahoe Event Center. Contact us if you are interested.