The Planning and Engineering Department is responsible for all capital improvement projects including waterline replacements.
The Planning and Engineering Department is responsible for Sewer and Water Systems, Capital Improvement Program and District Design Standards. The following is a listing of links to helpful information related to planning and engineering:
A new fire hydrant is being installed as part of the District’s waterline replacement project. All new waterline projects will meet current code for fire flow and distance between hydrants.
- Customer Procedures/General Information - Sewer
- Customer Procedures/General Information - Water
- 5 Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Technical Specifications (Sewer)
- Technical Specifications (Water)
- Standard Sewer and Water Details
- Sewer Master Plan
- Water Master Plan
- 2015 Connection Fees and Application for Service
- Discharge to Sewer Permit
- Sewer Ordinance
- Water Ordinance
- Planning/Design Review Request: Prior to construction within the North Tahoe Public Utility District, staff must review and approve your plans. This Planning/Design Review Request form must be completed and turned in with the plans in order to determine the cost of any applicable fees and if any special considerations or requirements shall apply. The District requires up to 15 business days to review the plans. Incomplete plans will need to be resubmitted once complete and may take up to an additional 15 business days to review.
- Landscaping in District Easements Policy
Other services performed:
- Development Review
- Geographical Information System (GIS)
A significant portion of the District’s water system was put in a long time ago. Note all the clamps on these pipes that were replaced in a recent waterline replacement project.