All applicants for employment with the North Tahoe Public Utility District must fill out an APPLICATION. If you will be sending your application via e-mail, please put "NTPUD job applicant" on the subject line or risk that the e-mail will be filtered out by our SPAM filter. Please feel free to contact HR at 530-546-4212 to confirm if your e-mail was received. The North Tahoe Public Utility District is a drug free workplace.
Current Job Postings will be available here. To apply, print out an application by clicking on the "APPLICATION" link above.
1) Operations Maintenance Worker I/II This is a year-round full-time position with benefits. Performs field maintenance work in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of District wastewater collections, water storage, and water distribution systems. Duties include operating a variety of vehicles, laying/repair pipe, trenching, back filling, pavement cutting, ditch digging, manhole and line cleaning, ability to use a variety of hand & power tools, shovels, other tools/equipment used in construction. Must have or ability to obtain CDL & DPH Water Distribution Certification Grade 1. Pre-employment background check, drug screen, physical, and copy of DMV record at time of offer. Deadline to apply 7/2/15. Salary range: Level I $3,589-$4,362 mo, Level II $4,127-$5,017 mo. Additional certification pay up to 10% and up to 3% earnable performance pay after top step. Job Description
2) Temporary Office Assistant Part-time position at the North Tahoe Event Center, 20 hours per week. Duties include answering phones, provide general information, computer & social media assignments, recordkeeping, knowledge of social media applications and general office procedures, good communications skills and can work effectively with the public; excellent customer service. Current DMV record and background check at time of hire. Starting wage: $10.50 per hour.
3) Seasonal Parks & Event Center Maintenance Workers Seasonal full-time position during the summer months. Time is split between the Parks Department and the Event Center doing outdoor and indoor work. Duties include set-up and tear-down for group meetings/events, restroom cleaning, kitchen cleaning, trash, floor care, building/beach/park/field maintenance. Excellent customer service. Some evening and or weekend schedules. Current DMV record and background check at time of hire. Starting wage: $10.50 per hour. Parks Job Description Event Center Job Description
4) Seasonal Parking Attendants Collection of parking fees at the Tahoe Vista Reacreation Area and at the North Tahoe Regional Park during the summer months. Duties include collection of parking fees, excellent customer service, ability to prepare accurate reports and make change, provide general information to the public, and site maintenance. Current DMV record and background check at time of hire. Some evening and or weekend schedules. Starting wage: $10.50 per hour. Job Description
5) Seasonal Operations Maintenace Workers Two Full-time positions available (9/80 schedule) during the summer months assisting the Operations Department with maintenance and repair on wastewater/water systems. Duties include laying/repair pipe, trenching, back filling, cutting pavement, ditch digging, manhole and line cleaning. Current DMV record and background check at time of hire. Starting wage $18.00 per hour. Job Description