How Do We Communicate with our Residents?
As a local government agency providing sewer, water and parks services to the residents of North Lake Tahoe, we want to communicate with our residents and get information out to them. We want our residents to know the amenities and benefits available to them and for our residents to know where to go in order to get accurate information in an emergency. Below are the various tools available for you to keep up on the activities of the North Tahoe Public Utility District. We want to let you know what's going on, but communication also requires some participation from you! Please engage with us!
Click below to view details
The District’s agency website. Agendas and packets for Board of Director and Recreation and Parks Commission meetings, audio/video archive of Board and Commission meetings, required legal postings and all District governance related information.
Information about the District's Parks and Recreation Facilities and others in the surrounding area.
Information and marketing site for the North Tahoe Event Center.
The District calendar is shared across all three websites. No matter which one you click on, you will receive the same information. This calendar includes days the District offices are closed and dates of Board of Director and Recreation and Parks Commission meetings. The District also strives to keep the public informed on the events and activities taking place at our facilities via this resource.
In early 2016 the District began video recording our Board meetings and posting them on the website for viewing by those who are interested, yet unable to attend the meetings. The video is integrated with the agenda, so viewers can click on the item they are interested and be taken directly to that point in the video.
You can sign up and select the information that you would like to receive based on the explanations of the various E-News groups below.
- Press Releases: Receive all press releases put out by the North Tahoe Public Utility District.
- Community and Special Event Notifications: Provide information on events going on in the area. These could include District events, non-District events that could impact our residents, special workshops or events taking place within the District or outside the District if they could be of interest to our residents and visitors.
- Board Agendas and Packets: Receive notification when Board agendas and packets for Board meetings are available on the website.
- Recreation and Parks Commission Agendas and Packets: Receive notification when Recreation and Parks Commission agendas and packets for Commission meetings are available on the website.
- Parks and Recreation: Receive emails about NTPUD parks and recreation programs and events.
- Board Committee Agendas: Receive a copy of agenda for the Recreation and Parks Committee, Personnel Committee, Development and Planning Committee, and Finance Committee.
- NTPUD Newsletter: Receive an electronic copy of the NTPUD newsletter that is sent with utility bills.
Approximately four times a year, the District publishes a newsletter that is distributed with our utility bills. It is our intention to keep customers up-to-date on the most important items of interest going on in the District. We STRONGLY encourage all of our residents to make sure to read these newsletters when they arrive.
In the event of any kind of emergency within the District, or a large incident in the region, the District is committed to ensuring you receive timely and correct information. The rise of social media has also meant an easy way to for incorrect information and rumors to be spread quickly. In the event of an emergency, please make sure you are getting information directly from those providing services such as those listed below.
Most importantly, please make sure you are subscribed to the Placer County WARN system. This system allows emergency notifications (email, text, call) to be sent out specific to the address or addresses that you request. https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085611271#/login
Social media will provide the ability to release of information in the most timely manner and is most easily spread to interested parties. The Facebook accounts for our Regional Emergency Response Partners are listed below. Additional information will continue to be added.
Regional Emergency Partners